One of the coolest things about We Are Knitters is that they offer knitting kits that comes with yarn, a pattern, and knitting needles. However, I decided to just get the yarn since I am pretty good at figuring out patterns on my own. So, for this review/tutorial I am going to recreate the Trendy Chale, which is one of the kits they offer. However, I am not going to make mine quite as wide since I only ordered 3 skeins instead of 4, which is the number they provide in the kit.
Yarn: 3 skeins The Petite Wool in Marshmallow (or other size 6 yarn approx. 400 yards)
Size 11 knitting needles
- cast on two
- turn, knit two
- turn, add 1 stitch, knit 3
- turn, knit 3
- turn, add 1 stitch, knit 4
- turn knit 4
- Repeat steps 5 & 6, increasing one stitch each time until you have a total of 71 stitches
- turn, decrease 1 stitch, knit 69 across
- turn, knit 70 across
- Repeat steps 8 & 9 until you have 2 stitches left on your hook
- cast off
- cut yarn, weave in tail.
That is it! This is a super simple pattern and gives you good practice for decreasing and increasing stitches. It is also super squishy and warm! If you are interested, I also did a review of the petite wool yarn. I hope you enjoyed reading and happy New Year!